Hi! I’m Nicole! I’m a wife, momma, and a self-proclaimed writer. I am also a consignment-loving, wannabe-trendsetter. I currently hold the day-job of being a boogie-wiping, hug dealing, boo-boo kissing, jack-of-all-trades parent living in Tampa, Florida. I live with my hubby of 9 years and our three amazing children, Payton (6), Weston (3), and Harper (1.5).
jthreeNMe is a peek into our family’s real life. It is a place where I happily share and talk about the things I love – my husband, my children, kindness, education, vacations, self-improvement, books, entertainment/activities, date nights, coffee, wine, and much more. I love to share tidbits about my unique parenting style, my journey of self-discovery, DIY projects for the home and crafts for the kiddies. With no hesitation, I am committed to sharing honest, personal stories about my triumphs and challenges as a woman and a mom.
I blog because in doing so, I inspire, empower and entertain myself. At the same time, I hope to do the same for you all, my readers, through my honesty and the comedic tone in which I deliver most posts. Think of my blog as chicken soup for those that are over-stressed, under-inebriated, exhausted, yet still, utterly happy and longing to improve.
Yep. That is what you will get here! Join me on this journey, with all its ups and downs, into real-life parenting, marriage, and self-improvement. Let me spark something in you, just as blogging has done for me. And, if I don’t ignite a passion in you through my writing, at least let me delight you and bring you some laughter.
More about me…
I was born in Brooklyn, NY, but grew up in Tampa, FL. I then went to college just outside of Boston in Easton, MA. In 2008, I graduated with a Degree in Criminology and Psychology and got married to my amazingly supportive and utterly handsome husband, Josh. After receiving my undergrad degrees, I attended Law School at Saint Thomas Law School in Miami Gardens, FL. After one full semester, I made the decision to stop pursuing my Juris Doctorate degree and we moved to Virginia, where I worked in Therapeutic Foster Care as a Case Manager and as a Domestic Legal Assistant to a prominent VA Attorney. The birth of our daughter scrapped my plans to continue down the stressful career path and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to us. Nine years later, two more kids, and a move back to Florida has given us this messy, but beautiful and blessed life we have today.
18 honest (and maybe some embarrassing) truths:
- I am an extreme worrier. I get anxiety over absolutely nothing.
- I am an extreme warrior. I face life’s challenges, albeit at times with angst, to set an example.
- I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my children and my reputation, but I keep a pretty messy closet and kitchen drawers.
- I have a hard time saying sorry, but only to my husband. I can be pretty feisty and opinionated with him, but I won’t usually be that way with anyone else.
- I never put tupperware away neatly and I always am leaving clothes in the washer and dryer.
- When I do something, it is always at 100% — I’m either all in or not at all.
- I have been known to send a simple text message in about four separate texts, driving my loved ones crazy.
- I am easily embarrassed.
- I come off as confident in social situations, but am usually uncomfortable and nervous.
- I always have to eat something after I put the kids to bed.
- I ran my first (and only) 5k in 2016.
- My greatest joy comes from seeing my kids laugh together.
- I have a soft spot for teddy bears.
- I love to vacuum, but hate cooking and doing the dishes.
- I try to only shop consignment for myself and the kids.
- I have a passion for finding unique, rustic pieces for my home.
- My husband and I are itching to take a Europe trip.
- My family is and ALWAYS will be EVERYTHING to me.
Please be sure to visit jthreeNMe often and to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can also check out my Poshmark sites where I sell consignment clothes by visiting Nicole’s Closet and Nicole’s Kid Closet.