I went platinum blonde recently and my husband, well, he doesn’t care too much for the new casper-esque look. What do I say to him?
Let it the “f” go!
Not because I want him to (because Lord knows how much he doesn’t want to do anything I instruct him to do), but because Elsa is suggesting it. I’m sure any phrase with the “f” word in it coming from a gorgeous blonde Queen will be met with listening ears more often than something from my mouth, wouldn’t you agree?
Okay…not because she suggests it either, but because in the big scheme of things, the things we bicker about aren’t even worth the words being aimlessly and irresponsibly spewed out both of our mouths.
What else should all you husbands let the flip go of?
- Any and all judgement of their children and wives. We can’t all be as perfect as you, so you’re just going to have to deal with that.
- Any and all preconceived notions about what marriage or parenting is supposed to be like. Because guess what? It will be nothing like what you think; it will be more challenging than you think you can handle at times and better than you could ever expect at others.
- Any and all stock you hold in your job title. While us wives and family appreciate all that you do to aid in monetarily supporting the family, if you are not happy doing what you do, we couldn’t give a flying fudge if you left your job for one that’s more fulfilling. People love to say “happy wife, happy life” — well, I say “happy hubs, more back rubs”. And us women, we love a good massage.
- Any and all unrealistic expectations you have about how much your wives should care for your home.We are not the family maid. I repeat, wives are not the family maid.
- Any and all credence you give to what people think of you and me and our loud messy children.Nope, don’t give a hoot.
- Any thinking that you will ever be right in any argument. Not going to happen.
Let it the go men, let it go.
Now let’s have a good day and get along, okay?